Academy of Technologies and Business

New At Zealand

Get the information you need to get started at Zealand!

Thank you joining us at New at Zealand.

We hope you received the information you were looking for. We have gathered some of the most relevant information from our two New at Zealand-events in a Q&A.

We are looking forward to welcome you as a student at Zealand.

Study start - February 2021

I have been accepted to Zealand. What will happen from now until the study start?

28th / 29th of January: Updated intro programmes for the online study start will be available in “Welcome Zealanders” at Moodle. A Zoom-link for the first day of studies will also be available at “Welcome Zealanders” no later than the 29th of January. We will let you know as soon as it is updated.

1st of February: Online Study start in both Roskilde and Køge.

I have not received any login for Moodle. What do I do?

If you still haven’t received any login for Moodle, please contact our IT Helpdesk: / 0045 56670780.  Hand them your name, phone number and tell them which study programme you have been accepted to.

How can I connect with my new classmates?

You can connect with your new classmates through Moodle. We have created a guide you can use to connect with your fellow students.

Read the guide here

The guide is also available at the bottom of this Q&A (together with the presentations).

COVID-19 and Zealand

How will COVID-19 affect my study start at Zealand?

Due to COVID-19, we are not allowed to have any activities with physical presence. Unfortunately, this will also be the case the 1st of February when studies will start.

Therefore, the study start will take place online via Zoom until we are allowed to do activities at Campus. More information will follow in “Welcome Zealanders” at Moodle.

How can I get updated on the current situation with COVID 19 in Denmark?

Keep yourself updated on the current situation with Coronavirus in Denmark here.

Can I enter Denmark for the study start at Zealand?

Due to new restrictions, a “worthy purpose” is required for entrance to Denmark. Studies is a worthy purpose but you need a letter of confirmation from Zealand stating that we are open and “that you have business requiring physical presence such as classes or an exam”. Since we are not allowed to have any activities with physical presence at the moment, we cannot hand out this document yet.

NON EU-students who hold a valid residence permit (and visa sticker in the passport) are allowed to enter Denmark regardless of whether your educational institution is open or not. Your residence permit will state when you are allowed to travel into Denmark.

Whether you come to Denmark right now or stay back home, you can only follow your classes online/virtually due to the COVID-19 restrictions.

We only recommend you to travel to Denmark now if you ALREADY have found a place to live. If you haven’t secured housing yet, we do recommend that you stay until we re-open for physical classes again.

The current restrictions are effective until the 7h of February.

All countries are considered “high-risk” by the Danish authorities. Therefore, you must also present proof of a negative COVID-19 test prior to your departure. The test must have been taken no more than 24 hours before entry to Denmark. You can read more about entrance to Denmark here.

You will receive a confirmation letter from Zealand as soon as we re-open for physical presence.  All EU-students must bring this letter physically since the Danish authorities might require this documentation from you when you arrive to Denmark.


How can I find accommodation in Denmark?

Unfortunately, Zealand has no accommodation facilities. Therefore, you have to find a place to live by yourself – but we can offer you guidance and support!

We have gathered a list of housing associations on our website: You can already sign up for waiting lists to accommodation. Be aware! You must contact the associations directly to be signed up manually.

You can also find accommodation through Facebook groups. Check out the presentation “Housing” for links to specific groups.

Furthermore, Study in Denmark have a guide to accommodation in Denmark for international students. This guide is a must-read for you as a newcomer to Denmark.

Student accommodation in Denmark: What should I be aware of?

It can be expensive to get settled in Denmark. You normally need to pay the first month rent + a deposit of three months’ rent as an initial payment. The initial payment will be returned to you when you move out (with deduction for maintenance costs).

The monthly rent usually range from EUR 280 – EUR 600 per person depending on location and standard.

Most students in Denmark either rent a student hall of residence (Danish = kollegium) or rent a room in a shared apartment (for instance with fellow students).

Students need a final admission letter in order to fulfil the requirements for students residence (Danish = kollegium).

What if I don’t find accommodation before the study start?

We know it can be difficult to find a place to live from day 1. Our experience is that it is easier to find a place to live as soon as you arrive to Denmark. Nevertheless, hang in there!

Hotels/hostels might be a temporary solution for you until you have found a more permanent solution. Due to COVID-19, some hotels offer rent on monthly basis with student discount. The concept is called “Student hotels” and is for instance offered by Zleep Hotel in Roskilde, Copenhagen and other cities close to campus.

You can read more about Student hotels here

Airbnb might also be a great temporary option for you as a newcomer.


What is Moodle?

Moodle is the main online learning platform during your studies at Zealand. Your future courses will also have specific rooms in Moodle. Therefore, it is important that you become familiar with Moodle as soon as possible.

Information about SU, transportation, Student Counselling etc. is also available at Moodle.

How do I access Moodle?

The website for Moodle is:

You will receive a text message with login details to Moodle as soon as you have assigned to your class. Please note, the text message will be send to the phone number you have registered in your application.

You should have received the login already but in case you haven’t, please contact our IT Helpdesk: / 0045 56670780 . Hand them your name, phone number and tell them which study programme you have been accepted to.

What is "Welcome Zealanders" at Moodle?

“Welcome Zealanders” is a room at Moodle customized for you as a new student at Zealand. The aim with “Welcome Zealanders” is to prepare you for your future studies by gathering all information relevant for your study start in one place.

What kind of information is available at "Welcome Zealanders"?

“Welcome Zealanders” contains information specific for your study start such as: Welcome letter, Intro programme, Study Calendar and a link to required books and equipment. Updated intro programmes for the online study start will be available at “Welcome Zealanders” no later than the 29th of January.

Moreover, you will be able to find information about social life and how to get settled in Denmark.

Student/part-time jobs

How can I find a student job in Denmark?

You can find student jobs at job portals such as and These job portals are the easiest way to find jobs. However, the competition is tough. Therefore, we do recommend you to combine the research at these sites with unsolicited applications.

Many of our students find jobs through their network. Therefore, it is usually easier to find a student job when you are settled in Denmark and have a social network.

What kind of jobs can I get?

Usually, international students find jobs in the area of service and hospitality where you aren’t required to speak Danish. It could for instance be at bars, restaurants, telemarketing and delivery jobs.

Where can I get more information about the Danish labour market?

As an employee, it is important for you to know about your rights. You can read about your rights as an employee in Denmark here:

In Denmark, your employer is obligated by law to provide you with an employment contract. The contract describes the specific conditions of your employment. Get your employment contract translated, so you understand the conditions you agree to.

There are different rules and conditions for how many hours you can work and different circumstances if you are from EU/EAA or from outside the EU.

Get the necessary information here: / /

We have a long tradition for strong labour unions (Danish = fagforeninger) in Denmark. You should consider joining a labour union. The labour unions can provide you with employment-related legal support and guidance you may need. Moreover, they are able to negotiate on your behalf to secure you the best possible salaries and working conditions.

Student counselling

How can the student counselling help you?

You can talk to a student counsellor about anything that has a connection to your studies, your student life and your well-being. You may have questions or concerns about study-related, social and/or personal issues and you are very welcome to talk to the student counsellors about any such issues. Together, you and the student counsellor will find answers to your questions or ways forward to overcome your concerns or challenges.

The student counsellor is under an obligation to maintain confidentiality, meaning that everything that you share with the student counsellor (also by e-mail and phone) will stay between you and the student counsellor.

Moreover, the student counselling can help you apply for Special Educational Support (SPS) if you have a physical or mental disability (only for EU students). An example of SPS support measures could be IT programmes for students with dyslexia.

How can I get in touch with a student counsellor?

You can contact our student counselling by e-mail:

You can also call them: (+45) 50762680

Monday to Wednesday from 9.00-10.00 and from 14.00-15.00 (Danish time)

Thursday to Friday from 9.00-10.00 (Danish time) 

During the Covid-19 lockdown, you cannot visit the student counsellors on campus but you can book a Zoom meeting with them. Just send an e-mail or call them to make an appointment.

Studies in Denmark

What is characteristic for studies at Zealand/in Denmark?

The Danish approach aims to involve students and encourage you to creative thinking. In general, students in Denmark can get a lot of influence, if they wish to engage in their studies.

At Zealand, we are passionate about the interaction between theory and practise. You will apply the theory you learn in lectures in the “real world” through internships and relevant cases from companies, to turn knowledge into innovative solutions.

A lot of assignments and projects are done in groups. Here, you will collaborate with fellow students in order to find the best solutions for your project.

Most of your study time at Zealand will focus on understanding and solving actual issues and problems. For instance in a specific company.

Can I contact some current students with my questions and concerns?

Yes! Our Student Ambassadors Jen, Zuzanna and Erika are ready to answer your questions. Please, do not hesitate to contact them – they are ready to help you.

Use this email:

CPR-registration and residence documents

What is a CPR number?

A CPR number is a personal identification. The CPR number consists of ten digits – the first six digits are your date of birth and the last four are your unique identification number.

Why do I need a CPR number?

You are legally required to have a CPR number when you are residing in Denmark for more than 3 months.

Almost all public authorities in Denmark use the CPR registry system to avoid duplicate registration and to secure a person’s identity.

You can use your CPR number in many situations. For instance:

  • To open a Danish bank account
  • When you are at the doctor (the yellow health insurance card)
  • To get a Danish phone number
  • To get a travel card for public transportation (rejsekort)
How do I get the CPR number?

First step is to have a Residence Permit (Non EU students) or an EU Residence Document (EU students) in order to receive the Danish CPR number.

EU students may apply for the CPR number online before they receive their EU residence document, but must bring the document on the day of registration in International House Copenhagen. EU students have to book an appointment with the Danish Agency for International Recruitment and Integration (SIRI) to get the residence document. You can book an appointment with SIRI International House Copenhagen (can both hand you residence document and CPR number) or submit your appliation in person at SIRI’s branch office in Copenhagen (more information in the presentation “CPR registration and residence documents”).

NON-EU students can apply for CPR number with their residence permit document from SIRI.

NB! You shouldn’t hand out your CPR number to everyone.


Cookie settings

We use cookies to give you the best experience of By clicking ‘OK’ you agree to our use of cookies and Zealand’s privacy policy.

By clicking ‘OK’, you agree that our advertisers can process your data to target ads to you. You can withdraw your acceptance by clicking on ‘Ad Settings’ at the bottom of the page.


Cookie settings

If you do not want our partners to process your personal data and use it across the Internet, you can opt out here.