Academy of Technologies and Business

SU and Public Transport (youth card/ungdomskort)

Note: Wherever possible, we have linked to English language sites, but some of the links below are in Danish. Please contact the SU office if you need more information.

Danish citizens are entitled to public support for their further education – regardless of social standing. Tuition at Danish public and most private educational institutions is free for Danish students and for EU/EEA students as well as for students participating in an exchange programme. Read more here

You can also get a discount for public transport.

SU – The Danish State Educational Grant and Loan Scheme

SU is the Danish State Educational Grant and Loan Scheme. As an EU or EEA citizen, you can apply for SU for full-time study programmes in Denmark. Read the conditions you must fulfil and the things you need to know before you can apply for SU.

How much you can earn beside your SU (fribeløb)

Please note there is a maximum amount you are allowed to earn beside your SU.

Educational Grant portions (SU klip)

You receive your SU in form of Educational Grant portions.

Every student enrolled in a higher education course is entitled to a number of monthly grants corresponding to the prescribed period of the chosen study programme.

SU Top-up (PBA)

If you get accepted into a Top-Up programme right after an AP Degree, you can apply for SU in the summer (July and August) You need to apply on MinSU for SU to the Top-Up programme, and remember you cannot apply for SU retroactively. This means you can only receive SU from the month you apply in and forward.

How to apply

Read more about how to apply for the first time here

You can apply for SU through MinSU

It is also here you make changes to your SU (loan, tax card, etc.)

You must have your NemID before you login.

You cannot apply for SU before you get accepted to your programme and fulfil the specific conditions.

Public Transport (youth card/ungdomskort)

Students enrolled in a higher education programme can get a youth card/ungdomskort for the bus, metro and train in Denmark.

Read more about the card and apply for it here

Read more on or

If you have any questions, please contact the SU office at your Campus. You can find their contact information at

How to apply for SU

Contact the SU agency
You can only contact the SU agency by Digital Post. To do that you must log on to or your e-Boks with your NemID.

Contact Zealand’s SU office
If you have questions concerning SU, please contact the SU office at your campus, you will find contact information here.


Cookie settings

Zealand and third parties use cookies to give you the best experience of and for statistics. You can opt in and out of cookies by clicking on the buttons below. When you click ‘Accept all’, you agree to our use of cookies and Zealand’s privacy policy.

You can change or withdraw your consent by clicking on ‘Cookie settings’ at the bottom of the page. Read more about cookies in our cookie policy


Cookie settings

If you do not want our partners to process your personal data and use it across the Internet, you can opt out here.